Saturday, December 29, 2012

GlossyBox USA December 2012

So My Pretty Paints introduced me to all sorts of things that are getting me into trouble.  She introduced me to the Julep Maven program which is a subscription nail polish service.  And every since I got my introductory $.01 box (you can find codes online) I've been totally into getting subscription beauty boxes.  Birchbox is a big one that almost everyone knows about.  And I wanted to get that one, but there was a waiting list and my ADD wouldn't let me wait.  So I'm currently subscribed to Glossybox and Ipsy.   Glossybox is a suppose to be a high end subscription beauty box with at least 5 deluxe samples and one full size product.

Here is what I got in my December Glossybox.  Last month disappointed me a bit.  This one picked up a little.  Although in both boxes there was always one thing that I love love loved!
Here is what the box looks like.  So pretty and nice quality.
This is what I see when I open it up.



All my goodies!

All my goodies out of the box.  Glossybox to me is a makeup/skincare box, but this month they  included a piece of costume jewelry.  I got a necklace.  

Full size Lipgloss/Lipstick duo with a mirror.  It is a very nice nude shade.  I might actually use this.  It is from Modelco and the value is $39.  Who pays that much for lipstick and lipgloss?  

Glossybox is a little pricey @ $21/month.  However if you add up the cost of all the items included the value of the box is always more than $21.  But keep in mind you did not pick any of this stuff.  So you might hate it all.  It's kind of like playing the lottery.  I'm not a high end makeup girl, so this was my way of getting a sampling of products when I know nothing about them.  There is a card that lists the retail price of all the products in the box and I laugh at the prices because they seem ridiculous.  But maybe I'm just not meant for high end products.      

I'm very lazy and have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to beauty products, so I won't even pretend to review all this.  Just wanted to show my goodies.  I'm very excited about the OC8 Mattifying Gel (full size) though.  I have an extremely greasy face and have recently purchased many primers, mattifying powders and such and none of them are perfect.  So I'm happy to add this to my collection.  




No comments:

Post a Comment